TEN REASONS TO PROVIDE OJW TO THE OVERWEIGHT/OBESE IN YOUR PRACTICE AND YOUR COMMUNITY
1. You believe that providing this service as part of a “healthcare team” would enhance your image in the community in which you practice.
2. You are an orthodontist/dentist who believes the "risk / benefit" ratio of OJW would be inside your "comfort zone.“
3. You strongly believe dentists are guardians of the mouth and the TM joint and are well positioned in helping the overweight
4. You are not overweight or obese, nor are your staff members, and therefore offering OJW in your office would not bring undesirable and embarrassing attention to you or your staff members.
5. You are a dentist who is quite capable of bonding a bracket to a tooth.
6. You believe that OJW is effective and safe.
7. You believe dentists are professional health providers who should be helping the overweight.
8. You feel strongly that OJW is relatively safe to provide and puts you at no greater risk liability-wise than you are already.
9. You know your dental license is not in jeopardy. Why should it be?
10. You believe that the new DDS System clears the way for dentists to provide services to the overweight, and providing OJW still further implements your armamentarium.
JUNE 6, 2008