Dr. Ted's Home Page     Site Additions      Invisalign Info Menu   Orthodontic Jaw Wiring   Arrange a Consultatation    Lingual braces

Menu of Forms

Documents Available for Purchase at  http://www.drted.com/Small Claims Court Articles.htm


July '07  added:  How to obtain, complete and file a Subpoena for Records (S f R).

August '07 added:  How to obtain, complete and file a Subpoena for Information  and 6 major banks to send them to.

Small Claims Part Statement of Claim (the Initial Claim form):
is the latest version of the form and offers check-off boxes to describe the various reasons for the claim. You can use this form if you are an individual (a so-called "natural person") suing on your own behalf. You can sue another individual or a business as long as that person lives, works or transacts business in one of the five boroughs of NYC.

A Completed Example of the above on an older version of the form.

A Demand Letter (for payment): This letter is not a requirement for individual claimants but it is required for commercial claimants (see below). It, or a letter like it, must be sent at least 10 days prior to the court hearing, but not more than 180 days before the court hearing. It is best to send it by certified mail.

Civil Court of the City of NY Commercial Claims Part Statement of Claim (the Initial Claim form):
Use this form if you are a partnership, corporation, or business association. You can sue an individual or a business if they live work or transact business in NYC. The filing fee for a commercial SCC  is $30.62 and $5.62 for each defendant after the first.

The reverse side of the above form: (not in PDF format, it's just text. When printing, setup printer to print in landscape.)

You are required to sign the bottom of the two notes shown which attests to the facts that 1. you have not filed more than five claims during the month and 2. you sent a demand letter.

When in doubt call the Small Claims Court Clerk’s office and ask.

Menu / Back / Home