Call: 718 852 1551
Dr. Ted's Home Page Site Additions Orthodontic Jaw Wiring
INDICATIONS FOR THE USE OF OJW
1. The control of compulsive overeating when a liquid diet is not contraindicated.
2. As an adjunct modality for treatment of obesity when a liquid diet is not contraindicated.
3. In the treatment of recalcitrant adult thumb sucking by itself and or in conjunction with weight reduction goals.
4. As a method to jump start weight control/loss as a prelude to behavior modification in relation to proper eating and exercising habits.
5. As a method to put the jaws in resting position with the teeth apart, which allows a modicum of jaw movement in all directions attended by relatively clear speech.
6. As a method that oral surgeons can employ instead of the "arch bars' typically used to stabilize/immobilize the jaws post surgically with the teeth in contact.
Sunday August 13, 2007